Wednesday, October 27, 2010

HOT MESS!!!

OK now i tell people all the time that there are no rules to makeup and that's true! however, there is good taste! what looks good to some may not look good to others, less is more, some people hate blush (mainly because they dont know how to wear it) everyone has a different "makeup personality".........while this is true, i feel it my duty as a makeup artist and professional to put my opinion out there on some looks that i feel are just not cute! LOL

Many of you that know me know i am a reality tv junkie! i love alot of the shows that are out now, some not so much, but those dedicated to style, fashion and just good ol' fashion entertainment, i am all over it! My favorites are Keeping up w/ the Kardashians and all the Real Housewives!!! Right now i am watching the Atlanta & Beverly Hills HW!!

This post is dedicated to the beauty taste of one particular housewive (Phaedra) of the Atlanta show......i want to talk about the makeup!!!! this will be an open forum, i want you to post your comments give me your opinions!

Phaedra's makeup personality is over the top! it really needs to be toned down, more understated than overstated......This is where "less is more" comes in! Especially when you are pregnant and your facial features are already exxagerated...........a clean look would be more appropriate (in my opinion). She looks like a clown! she should town it down, softly highlight a few areas, fill in/shape her brows, add lashes, add a natural gloss or glossy lipcolor and be done with it (for an everyday look)--now if there is an event kick it up but even then not too much, maybe a light smokey eye and contour the face........ but never ever ever, put rhinestones on the eyes unless dressing for halloween or somekind of dance recital or competition!!!!!

let's also talk about the roses........now while i love hair accessories, this was overkill!
(Phaedra is in blue--this was a "no-no" all u see are roses sticking up out of her hair.........)


I now open the floor to you!! please post your comments to this blog.........you can post about any housewife, celebrity or just leave your opinion on makeup or simply ask me a question would love to hear from you!


Lata!

2 comments:

colivo said...

I loved this one! I was laughing the whole time! This is so true. Sometimes I wish people could really see how other people think of them... I am sure she has good intentions but wouldnt her friends tell her something? I would rather see someone who needed to tone it up, then someone who needed to tone it down! I would also definately tell my friends that they looked a hot mess!!

Shana G. said...

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT! First and foremost, the shimmery shadow! There is a time and place and as you pointed out, your features are already "exaggerated" during pregnancy so I agree that keeping it as natural as possible is key! Keep putting the info out there! Loved this blog...